Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.3.0

From: Ãvar ArnfjÃrà Bjarmason
Date: Fri Feb 06 2015 - 07:56:44 EST

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The latest feature release Git v2.3.0 is now available at the
> usual places.
>
> [...]
> * Git 2.0 was supposed to make the "simple" mode for the default of
> "git push", but it didn't.
> (merge 00a6fa0 jk/push-simple later to maint).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this does, but changing the push
default was *the* backwards compatibility breakage we advertised for
v2.0.0[1].

A lot of users (including myself) upgraded to v2.0.0 very carefully
making sure that the common pattern of "git push" our users were using
wasn't broken.

But apparently that change isn't taking effect until now. If so I
think this needs to be advertised a lot more prominently than buried
down along with other miscellaneous fixes in the changelog.

1. https://git.kernel.org/cgit/git/git.git/tree/Documentation/RelNotes/2.0.0.txt