[BUG] Kernel Panic in squashfs

From: Tim Tassonis
Date: Fri Feb 06 2015 - 12:28:40 EST

Hi all

Just found out that squashfs panics when compiled in statically instead of as a module, when mounting an sqf file. The sequence I did was:

# mkdir /mnt/gaia-ro

# mount /gaiarule.sqf /mnt/gaia-ro -t squashfs -o loop

Maybe it is of importance that the sqf file is located in the initramfs. The kernel was panicking reliably with different sqf files, on different hardware upon the mount command, with "unable to handle kernel paging request". This was on 3.18.5. As soon as I compiled squashfs as a modules, the problem went away.

If you need further details, please cc me directly, as I unsubscribed from the list due to not being able to handle the massive load.

Bye
Tim