Re: Question about kernel interfaces

From: Siddhartha De
Date: Sat Feb 07 2015 - 10:20:30 EST

>(For bonus points, instead of EJECT, explain how you form a curl URL
>that does TCSETS. Yes, you *do* have to handle *all* the fields of a
>struct termios, for both 32 and 64 bit environments....)

I am new to termios programming so please correct me if I am wrong ...
I did a bit of googling and well here's a probable curl url and the
corresponding pseudocode that needs to be in our interpreter

curl http://localhost:7000/IOCTL/TCSETS2?file_descriptor=fd&cflag=something&ispeed=something&ospeed=something

And here's a little pseudocode for our interpreter :-

struct termios2 tio;
// ioctl(fd, TCGETS2, &tio);

// assuming get_from_url is a function which parses the incomming url
and returns the required parameters

cflag=get_from_url (cflag ) ;
ispeed = get_from_url ( ispeed ) ;
ospeed=get_from_url(ospeed)