[V3 PATCH 0/2] Introduce ACPI support for ahci_platform driver
From: Suravee Suthikulpanit
Date: Sun Feb 08 2015 - 11:20:41 EST
This patch series introduce ACPI support for non-PCI AHCI platform driver.
Existing ACPI support for AHCI assumes the device controller is a PCI device.
Also, since there is no ACPI _HID/_CID for generic AHCI controller, the driver
could not use them for matching devices. Therefore, this patch introduces
a mechanism for drivers to match devices using ACPI _CLS method.
This patch series is rebased from and tested with:
This topic was discussed earlier here (as part of introducing support for
AMD Seattle SATA controller):
Changes from V2 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/1/5/662)
* Update with review comment from Rafael in patch 1/2
* Rebased and tested with acpi-5.1-v8
Changes from V1 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/19/345)
* Rebased to 3.19.0-rc2
* Change from acpi_cls in device_driver to acpi_match_cls (Hanjun comment)
* Change the matching logic in acpi_driver_match_device() due to the new
special PRP0001 _HID.
* Simplify the return type of acpi_match_device_cls() to boolean.
Changes from RFC (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/17/446)
* Remove #ifdef and make non-ACPI version of the acpi_match_device_cls
as inline. (per Arnd)
* Simplify logic to retrieve and evaluate _CLS handle. (per Hanjun)
Suravee Suthikulpanit (2):
ACPI / scan: Add support for ACPI _CLS device matching
ata: ahci_platform: Add ACPI _CLS matching
drivers/acpi/scan.c | 75 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
drivers/ata/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/ata/ahci_platform.c | 3 ++
include/acpi/acnames.h | 1 +
include/linux/acpi.h | 10 ++++++
include/linux/device.h | 1 +
include/linux/mod_devicetable.h | 6 ++++
7 files changed, 94 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/