Sorry for delay response. I have also tested this on AMD Seattle platform w/ PCI Generic Host Controller, and I can see that the PCI endpoint devices are getting proper dma_map_ops as set in the host bridge.Suravee,
<Tested-by>: Suravee Suthikulpanit <Suravee.Suthikulpanit@xxxxxxx>
On 02/06/2015 05:52 AM, Murali Karicheri wrote:
This patch add an important capability to PCI driver on Keystone. I hope to
have this merged to the upstream branch so that it is available for v3.20.
Also would like thank everyone for the contribution.
PCI devices on Keystone doesn't have correct dma_pfn_offset set. This patch
add capability to set the dma configuration such as dma-mask, dma_pfn_offset,
and dma ops etc using the information from DT. The prior RFCs and discussions
are available at  and  below.
 : https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg790244.html
 : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/2024591
v6 - Rebased to v3.19-v7
- Addressed some minor comments about node name and DT size validation.
- Pulled out 8/8 of v5 and plan to send a patch for enhancing
of_dma_configure() to use size to calculate dma mask.
- Added Acks from reviewers.
v5 - moved the dma_mask update in device from ARM specific API to
of_dma_configure to allow this across other architecture as well
- improved sanity check for DT dma-range size in of_dma_configure()
- moved API to get parent bridge device to PCI (host-bridge.c)
v4 - moved size adjustments in of_iommu_configure() to a separate patch
- consistent node name comment from Rob
- patch 6 added for dma_mask adjustment and iommu mapping size
v3 - addressed comments to re-use of_dma_configure() for PCI
- To help re-use, change of_iommu_configure() function argument
- Move of_dma_configure to of/device.c
- Limit the of_iommu_configure to non pci devices
v2 - update size to coherent_dma_mask + 1 if dma-range info is missing
- also check the np for null.
v1 - updates based on the comments against initial RFC.
- Added a helper function to get the OF node of the parent
- Added an API in of_pci.c to update DMA configuration of the pci
Cc: Joerg Roedel <joro@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rob Herring <robh+dt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Will Deacon <will.deacon@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Russell King <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Suravee Suthikulpanit <Suravee.Suthikulpanit@xxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Murali Karicheri <m-karicheri2@xxxxxx>
Murali Karicheri (7):
of: iommu: add ptr to OF node arg to of_iommu_configure()
of: move of_dma_configure() to device.c to help re-use
of: fix size when dma-range is not used
PCI: add helper functions pci_get[put]_host_bridge_device()
of/pci: add of_pci_dma_configure() update dma configuration
PCI: update dma configuration from DT
arm: dma-mapping: limit iommu mapping size
arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c | 7 +++++
drivers/iommu/of_iommu.c | 10 ++++--
drivers/of/device.c | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/of/of_pci.c | 19 ++++++++++++
drivers/of/platform.c | 58 ++---------------------------------
drivers/pci/host-bridge.c | 14 +++++++++
drivers/pci/probe.c | 2 ++
include/linux/of_device.h | 2 ++
include/linux/of_iommu.h | 6 ++--
include/linux/of_pci.h | 5 +++
include/linux/pci.h | 3 ++
11 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)