Re: [GIT PULL] Block driver changes for 3.20

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 17:38:05 EST

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxx> wrote:

> - Switching libata to use the new blk-mq tagging policy, removing code
> (and a suboptimal implementation) from libata. This will throw you a
> merge conflict, since a bug in the original libata tagging code was
> fixed since this code was branched. Trivial. From Shaohua.

Somebody should still check my resolution, since the code had been
moved to another file. Tejun / Dan, it's your commit 72dd299d5039
("libata: allow sata_sil24 to opt-out of tag ordered submission") that
added a ATA_FLAG_LOWTAG, which conflicts with commit 98bd4be1ba95
("libata: move sas ata tag allocation to libata-scsi.c") that moved
the code.

I verified that it all looks sane, and still compiles, but somebody
should verify that the tag allocation changes still *work*,
particularly for that sata_sil24 case.

(I haven't pushed out quite yet, I'm waiting for the rest to compile
cleanly too, and then I'll do a local compile and boot to see that it
all works for me, but I'm writing this as a heads-up)

Linus