On 02.02.15 20:45:28, Hanjun Guo wrote:
This is the v8 of ACPI core patches for ARM64 based on ACPI 5.1, there are
some updates since v7:
- Add two more documantation to explain why we need ACPI in ARM64 servers
by Grant, and recommendations and prohibitions on the use of the numerous
ACPI tables and objects by Al Stone.
- Add two patches which is need to map acpi tables after acpi_gbl_permanent_mmap
- Add another patch "dt / chosen: Add linux,uefi-stub-generated-dtb property"
to address that if firmware providing no dtb, we can try ACPI configuration data
even if no "acpi=force" is passed in early parameters. (I think ACPI for XEN and
kexec need consider sperately as disscussed, correct me if I'm wrong).
- Add CC in the patch to the subsystem maintainers and modify the subject
of the patch to explicitly show the subsystem touched by this patch set,
please help us to review and ack them if they make sense, thanks.
- Add Tested-by from Qualcomm and Redhat;
- Make ACPI depends on PCI suggested by Catalin;
- Clean up SMP init function as Lorenzo suggested, remove physical
CPU hot-plug code in the patch;
- Address some comments from Marc and explicitly state that will
implment statcked irqdomain and GIC init framework when GICv3 and
ITS, GICv2m are implemented;
- Rebased on top of 3.19-rc7.
Patches tested on Cavium ThunderX. For the whole series:
Tested-by: Robert Richter <rrichter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Robert Richter <rrichter@xxxxxxxxxx>