Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 13 (runtime failures and 'non-zero nr_pmds' messages)

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Feb 13 2015 - 13:54:42 EST

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 04:56:15PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please do not add any material destined for v3.21 to your linux-next
> included trees until after v3.20-rc1 has been released.
>
> Changes since 20150212:
>
> The mips tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 4418
> 4081 files changed, 183203 insertions(+), 92585 deletions(-)

I see a number of runtime failures with this version.
It affects alpha, mips64, ppc64, and x86_64.
Symptom is always the same. There are lots of

BUG: non-zero nr_pmds on freeing mm: X (where X is 1..4)

messages in the log, and the affected VMs don't reboot.

I don't see the problem in curent mainline, nor in mmotm.
Bisect points to "Merge branch 'akpm-current/current'",
which isn't really helpful.

Not sure if this is a bad merge resolution, so just take this
as a heads-up for now.

Guenter