[PATCH v7 0/7] Add initial support for DA9150 Charger & Fuel-Gauge IC
From: Adam Thomson
Date: Wed Feb 18 2015 - 09:08:33 EST
This patch set adds initial support for the Dialog DA9150 Integrated Charger &
Fuel-Gauge IC. The device also provides GPIO and GPADC functionality.
In this patch set the following is provided:
- MFD Core support and DT bindings documentation.
- IIO GPADC support and DT bindings documentation.
- Power Supply Charger support and DT bindings documentation.
- Update to MAINTAINERS file to add DA9150 files to Dialog support list.
To keep patch submission from being too large, support for GPIO and Fuel-Gauge
will come after initial support patches are accepted.
This patch set is baselined against the v3.19 kernel version.
Changes in v7:
- Small style changes to use '!' instead of ' == NULL' in Charger probe, and
use already defined 'dev' attribute for 'devm_iio_device_alloc()' call instead
of doing '&pdev->dev'.
Changes in v6:
- For GPADC driver, Use lower case extended names for IIO GPADC channels, and
remove extended names for GPIO related channels.
- For charger driver, revert to no devm IRQ request/free functions as ordering
is important, and probe failure scenario was not being correctly covered. A
helper function for free IRQs has been added to make code cleaner.
Changes in v5:
- Use sizeof(*gpadc) instead of sizeof(struct da9150_gpadc) in GPADC driver.
- Fix erroneous goto for IRQ failure in GPADC driver. Now returns err directly.
- Remove IIO ABI document patch as this has been taken by maintainer.
Changes in v4:
- Correct MODULE_AUTHOR lines so e-mail addresses correctly surrounded with <>.
- Update to MFD binding document to remove unnecesary I2C reference, make
module description generic, and add link to interrupt binding documentation.
- For GPADC driver, irq request moved above iio related calls in probe() to
mirror correctly the remove() function ordering, as requested.
- For charger driver, remove additional sysfs entries as these are not necessary
- For charger driver, add helper function for requesting IRQs, to make probe()
Changes in v3:
- IRQ register and remove helper functions removed from MFD, deemed unnecessary.
Drivers using helper functions updated to use direct calls to relevant
kernel framework functions.
- MFD I2C file removed and code folded into -core file as requested.
- MFD core now buildable as driver module.
- Platform data structure definition moved into core header, pdata.h removed.
- Update functions in GPADC driver to be static, where appropriate.
- Change units of GPADC readings to match ABI documentation. Updates to charger
driver also made to align with this modification.
- Refactor GPADC temp calculations to use scale & offset method.
- Scale values now returned as FRACTIONAL to allow for accurate conversion in
- Tidy up of GPADC scale, offset and raw functions to return from case statements
with correct return types.
- Update GPADC channel macros naming to prefix with DA9150, prevent conflict.
- GPADC GPIO voltage readings actually in 6V range, updated accordingly.
- Addition to IIO ABI document to add details on input current readings.
- Small style updates to address comments.
Changes in v2:
- Drop devicetree prefix patch as this is being dealt with separately.
- IIO framework fix patch removed from set, has already been accepted/merged.
- Use __ instead of _ for protecting #ifdefs in headers.
- Moved private data & definitions to source files and remove unwanted headers.
- Bug fix to EXPORT_SYMBOL for common functions in MFD core used by
sub-devices, so they can be correctly built as kernel modules.
- Removed unnecessary channels from GPADC IIO driver to simplify code.
- For GPADC IIO driver, VBAT reading now provides scale and offset values as it
is a linear scale.
- GPADC read code refactored to make it tidier.
- Remove use of flag to indicate GPADC availability. IIO framework should
indicate need to defer if it's not yet instantiated.
- Unwanted comments removed.
- Removed conditional shutdown of device (Charger/MFD) as this is not needed.
- Removed AC type supply from charger as device cannot differentiate. Now just
uses USB supply type.
- Removed use of invalid-tbat flag from platform data as it doesn't really add
anything to the driver except forcing battery present status.
- Bug fix for checking of usb_phy validity in Charger probe() function.
- Addition of common IRQ release function to allow sub-devices to explicitly
tidy up IRQs when devm clean up is too late.
- Improved tidy up of resources in charger.
- Fix location of IIO GPADC related devicetree binding document so it now
resides correctly under 'adc' directory.
- Add update to MAINTAINERS file to include these files in Dialog support list.
Adam Thomson (7):
mfd: Add support for DA9150 combined charger & fuel-gauge device
mfd: da9150: Add DT binding documentation for core
iio: Add support for DA9150 GPADC
iio: da9150: Add DT binding documentation for GPADC
power: Add support for DA9150 Charger
power: da9150: Add DT binding documentation for charger
MAINTAINERS: Include DA9150 files in Dialog Semiconductor support
.../devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/da9150-gpadc.txt | 16 +
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/da9150.txt | 43 +
.../devicetree/bindings/power/da9150-charger.txt | 26 +
MAINTAINERS | 4 +
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/iio/adc/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/iio/adc/da9150-gpadc.c | 407 +++++++
drivers/mfd/Kconfig | 12 +
drivers/mfd/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/mfd/da9150-core.c | 413 +++++++
drivers/power/Kconfig | 12 +
drivers/power/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/power/da9150-charger.c | 688 ++++++++++++
include/linux/mfd/da9150/core.h | 68 ++
include/linux/mfd/da9150/registers.h | 1155 ++++++++++++++++++++
15 files changed, 2856 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/da9150-gpadc.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/da9150.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/da9150-charger.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/da9150-gpadc.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mfd/da9150-core.c
create mode 100644 drivers/power/da9150-charger.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/mfd/da9150/core.h
create mode 100644 include/linux/mfd/da9150/registers.h
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/