Re: [KERNEL] Regression bug in drm/i915, Wrong assumption in commit e11aa36 breaks suspend on at least lenovo x61

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Wed Feb 18 2015 - 10:40:21 EST

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+lkml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After solving the conflicts, I applied the revert (see attachment) to
> v3.18.7. I think it should also apply to the current head. With that
> patch, suspend is working again on that version.
>
> However, I have not to deep knowledge of that subsystem, so please,
> someone who have, have a deeper look into it. I especially do not know
> if the lines in .../intel_pm.c are correct or better leaving them as
> they are in v3.18.7.
>
> I want to have it working on a version that I know is stable before
> asking to pull it to head.

Hi Klaus, we fear this patch may hide the actual cause. Would be useful
to get a better description of what happens, along with a dmesg with
drm.debug=14 module parameter set. This might clutter the mailing list,
would you mind filing a bug at [1] and attach the info there?

Thanks,
Jani.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=DRI&component=DRM/Intel