Re: [GIT PULL]: few dma-buf updates for 3.20-rc1

From: Sumit Semwal
Date: Sun Feb 22 2015 - 03:53:51 EST

Hi Linus,

On 22 February 2015 at 01:42, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Could you please pull a few dma-buf changes for 3.20-rc1? Nothing
>> fancy, minor cleanups.
>
> No.
>
> I pulled, and immediately unpulled again.
>
> This is complete shit, and the compiler even tells you so:
>
> drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c: In function âion_share_dma_bufâ:
> drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c:1112:24: warning: âbufferâ is
> used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
> exp_info.size = buffer->size;
> ^
>
> Introduced by "dma-buf: cleanup dma_buf_export() to make it easily extensible".
>
> I'm not taking "cleanups" like this. And I certainly don't appreciate
> being sent completely bogus shit pull requests at the end of the merge
> cycle.

I apologize sincerely; I shouldn't have missed it before sending you
the pull request. (stupid copy-paste across files is certainly no
excuse for this).

This got caught in for-next too, but right after I sent the pull-request :(.

I also shouldn't have sent it so late in the merge cycle - this could
certainly wait till -rc2, which would've helped me correct it before
the request to you. Serves me right to try and meet the merge-cycle
deadline in a jet-lagged state!

I will definitely take extra precautions next time onward, so you
don't see negligence like this in my requests to you.

Apologies again!

> Linus

Best regards,
Sumit.