Re: smp_call_function_single lockups

From: Rafael David Tinoco
Date: Mon Feb 23 2015 - 09:01:16 EST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm. Still just the stack trace for the CPU that is blocked (CPU0), if
> you can get the core-file to work and figure out where the other CPU
> is, that would be good.

This is v3.19 + your patch (smp acquire/release)
- (nested kvm with 2 vcpus on top of proliant with x2apic cluster mode
and acpi_idle)

* http://people.canonical.com/~inaddy/lp1413540/STACK_TRACE.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~inaddy/lp1413540/BACKTRACES.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~inaddy/lp1413540/FOREACH_BT.txt

* It looks like we got locked because of reentrant flush_tlb_* through
smp_call_*
but I'll leave it to you. let me know if you need any more info..

-
Rafael Tinoco