Re: NMI watchdog triggering during load_balance

From: David Ahern
Date: Mon Mar 09 2015 - 23:07:24 EST

On 3/6/15 12:29 PM, Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 11:37 -0700, David Ahern wrote:

But, I do not understand how the wrong topology is causing the NMI
watchdog to trigger. In the end there are still N domains, M groups per
domain and P cpus per group. Doesn't the balancing walk over all of them
irrespective of physical topology?

You have this size extra large CPU domain that you shouldn't have,
massive collisions therein ensue.

I was able to get the socket/cores/threads issue resolved, so the topology is correct. But still need to check out a few things. Thanks Mike and Peter for the suggestions.

David