[RFC v1 0/2] x86: kconfig: simplify APIC entries

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Mar 10 2015 - 19:14:53 EST

From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxx>

There's quite a bit of Kconfig entries related to X86_LOCAL_APIC
and X86_IO_APIC, and all for 32-bit purposes. Since 32-bit isn't in
a magical state of flux we now *should* know when to enable or disable
APIC stuff for these systems. Through history we've observed for
instance PCI_MSI requires these under specific scenarios, just enable
it for those learned scenarios and expect future requirements to also
be explicit about the requirements on 32-bit. This lets us remove
clutter (3 Kconfig entries) from x86 Kconfig simply for 32-bit build
purposes.

Luis R. Rodriguez (2):
x86: kconfig: simplify enabling [IO]APIC for PCI_MSI
x86: kconfig: remove UP [IO]APIC options

Documentation/PCI/MSI-HOWTO.txt | 5 +----
drivers/pci/Kconfig | 2 ++

2.3.2.209.gd67f9d5.dirty