Re: perf: fuzzer causes lockup in x86_pmu_event_init()

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Tue Mar 17 2015 - 10:56:27 EST

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015, Jiri Olsa wrote:

> > I'll start my test-machine fuzzing with this plus the infinite-interrupt
> > fix and see what happens. The machines do eventually trigger the issue
> > somwhat consistently but it can take up to a week before they hit it
> > so it's a tough one to test for.
>
> I guess no news is good news in here.. ;-)

yes, with both the irq-storm patch plus your patch I've been fuzzing for
over a week with no crashes. (I'm only using your patch for the lockup
problem, not Peter's).

There are other minor warnings that pop up as per usual, and if you fuzz
with paranoid set to 1 you quickly crash with the uncore issue I reported
a while back, but otherwise things seem really solid with the two patches
I mentioned.

Of course that's what I always say just before things start crashing
again, although right now I had to stop the fuzzing temporarily as somehow
the fuzzer is leaking children for reasons I don't understand and I'm
trying to debug.

Vince