Re: [lttng-dev] Alternative to signals/sys_membarrier() in liburcu

From: Duncan Sands
Date: Mon Mar 23 2015 - 05:35:21 EST

So, given the fact that the userspace RCU library does now see
some real-world use, is it now time for Mathieu to resubmit his
sys_membarrier() patch?

I'm using userspace RCU with success in financial software, so the LTTng project isn't the only user. It works well, but it's not as fast as I'd like. My profiling shows that the performance hit is coming from the memory barriers. So I would very much like to see sys_membarrier go in.

Best wishes, Duncan.