Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the arm-perf tree

From: Suzuki K. Poulose
Date: Tue Mar 24 2015 - 10:59:12 EST

On 23/03/15 21:16, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:13:51 +0000 "Suzuki K. Poulose" <Suzuki.Poulose@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 23/03/15 14:41, Abhilash Kesavan wrote:

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
drivers/bus/Kconfig between commit c9966c98697a ("arm-cci: Split the
code for PMU vs driver support") from the arm-perf tree and commit
13fbf3c8d0f7 ("drivers: bus: Sort Kconfig entries alphabetically") from
the arm-soc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
is required).

Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, but I am seeing core
boot-up failures on the exynos5420 with next-20150323 due to this.
Your conflict fix is missing the ARM_CCI symbol because of which the
CCI does not get enabled.

Suzuki, can you confirm ?

Yes, you are right. We need the config ARM_CCI even now, which enables
the building of the arm-cci.c.

Stephen,

We need the following fix on the linux-next.

Oops, sorry about that. I have fixed up the merge resolution for today
so that file starts like this:

#
# Bus Devices
#

menu "Bus devices"

config ARM_CCI
bool

config ARM_CCI400_COMMON
bool
select ARM_CCI

config ARM_CCI400_PMU
bool "ARM CCI400 PMU support"
default y
depends on ARM || ARM64
depends on HW_PERF_EVENTS
select ARM_CCI400_COMMON
help
Support for PMU events monitoring on the ARM CCI cache coherent
interconnect.

If unsure, say Y

config ARM_CCI400_PORT_CTRL
bool
depends on ARM && OF && CPU_V7
select ARM_CCI400_COMMON
help
Low level power management driver for CCI400 cache coherent
interconnect for ARM platforms.

Looks good.

Thanks

Suzuki