Re: [patch v11 00/23] Introduce ACPI for ARM64 based on ACPI 5.1

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Mar 24 2015 - 18:40:29 EST

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:02:33 PM Hanjun Guo wrote:
> Some fixes since last version:
>
> - Add a patch 19/23 for disabling ACPI for Xen on ARM64 for now to fix
> compile errors on XEN ACPI, Stefano and Julien are ok with this
> temporary solution.
> - Add patch "ARM64 / ACPI: Don't unflatten device tree if acpi=force
> is passed", which will fix the problem that the device tree will
> be unflattened even if acpi=force passed, that will not obey the
> policy.
> - update patch "irqchip: Add GICv2 specific ACPI boot support",
> which will cause compile error on i386 with both DT and ACPI
> enabled:
>
> All error/warnings:
>
> In file included from include/linux/acpi_irq.h:4:0,
> from drivers/irqchip/irqchip.c:11:
> arch/x86/include/asm/irq.h:35:8: error: unknown type name 'bool'
> extern bool handle_irq(unsigned irq, struct pt_regs *regs);
> ^
> arch/x86/include/asm/irq.h:35:45: warning: 'struct pt_regs' declared
> inside parameter list
> extern bool handle_irq(unsigned irq, struct pt_regs *regs);
> ^
> arch/x86/include/asm/irq.h:35:45: warning: its scope is only this
> definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
>
> That's because of I include the <asm/irq.h> in <linux/acpi_irq.h>,
> and <linux/acpi_irq.h> will be put on the top of all head files,
> so use <linux/irq.h> instead of <asm/irq.h> in acpi_irq.h (in
> <linux/irq.h>, it will include <linux/*.h> before include
> <asm/irq.h>), this is the only update for this patch.
>
> Lorenzo will send some cleanup patches on top of this one soon.
>
> Thanks
> Hanjun
>
> Al Stone (4):
> ARM64 / ACPI: Get RSDP and ACPI boot-time tables
> ARM64 / ACPI: Introduce early_param "acpi=" to enable/disable ACPI
> ARM64 / ACPI: Select ACPI_REDUCED_HARDWARE_ONLY if ACPI is enabled on
> ARM64
> ARM64 / ACPI: additions of ACPI documentation for arm64
>
> Graeme Gregory (6):
> ACPI: add arm64 to the platforms that use ioremap
> ACPI / sleep: Introduce CONFIG_ACPI_SYSTEM_POWER_STATES_SUPPORT
> ARM64 / ACPI: If we chose to boot from acpi then disable FDT
> ARM64 / ACPI: Get PSCI flags in FADT for PSCI init
> ARM64 / ACPI: Enable ARM64 in Kconfig
> Documentation: ACPI for ARM64
>
> Hanjun Guo (10):
> ACPI / table: Use pr_debug() instead of pr_info() for MADT table
> scanning
> ARM64 / ACPI: Introduce PCI stub functions for ACPI
> ACPI / table: Print GIC information when MADT is parsed
> ARM64 / ACPI: Parse MADT for SMP initialization
> ACPI / processor: Introduce phys_cpuid_t for CPU hardware ID
> ACPI / processor: Make it possible to get CPU hardware ID via GICC
> ARM64 / ACPI: Introduce ACPI_IRQ_MODEL_GIC and register device's gsi
> clocksource / arch_timer: Parse GTDT to initialize arch timer
> XEN / ACPI: Make XEN ACPI depend on X86
> [...]

OK, so I don't think there's anything more I need to ACK in this series, so
it is now up to the maintainers of ARM64 and the other subsystems involved
to decide whether or not to apply it.

If you need to change any patches that I've already ACKed, please let me know,
but otherwise I'm not going to look at this series any more unless specifically
requested.

--
I speak only for myself.
Rafael J. Wysocki, Intel Open Source Technology Center.