Re: Remove execution domain support

From: Richard Weinberger
Date: Sat Apr 11 2015 - 17:12:59 EST

Am 11.04.2015 um 22:52 schrieb Linus Torvalds:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Richard Weinberger <richard@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> The removal will make architecutre specific signal handling easier
>> and there is no need to keep execuction domains as this feature is
>> obviously incomplete and abandoned
>
> Ack. The whole exec domain made some code code pretty inscrutable.
>
> So I'd certainly be willing to pull this during the 4.1 merge window
> if nobody complains.
>
> Anybody?

It would be great to have an Ack from sparc folks.
I had to recalculate the values of their TI_* constants
and I don't have a sparc box to test it.

Using asm-offsets.c for that seems to be impossible on sparc
as sparc's asm-offsets.c depends on sched.h which depends again
on thread_info.h...
Resolving this circular dependency without the ability to run-time
test my changes was too risky for me.

Thanks,
//richard