AM335x OMAP2 common clock external fixed-clock registration

From: Michael Welling
Date: Tue Apr 14 2015 - 17:18:11 EST

Greetings,

I have developed an AM3354 based SoM and it uses an external SI5351 clock
generator to drive the clock inputs for an external duart and I2S audio
master clock. With the registration according to the documentation the
reference clock is not being detected and hence the clock generator is
not working as expect.

After trying many different things, I started to look around the mailing
lists to find information related to this issue.

I came acrossed post that has the exact same issue:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/2/18/468

Seeing as the patch did not land upstream, I am wondering if there is
a solution that I am not seeing.

I am willing to provide a patch given appropriate guidance.

Regards,

Michael