Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Wed Apr 15 2015 - 11:35:05 EST

On Wed, 2015-04-15 at 16:48 +0200, Michal Schmidt wrote:
> On 04/15/2015 09:31 AM, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> > it seems [systemd] has now mandated group scheduling.
>
> What makes you think so?

If group sched is available, systemd decides on its own to use it,
thus making the decision to eat that overhead for me should I happen
to boot say an enterprise kernel to do some performance measurements.

Perhaps there is a way to beg it to please not do that, but if so, I
didn't find it in time. The service that started group scheduling was
explicitly disabled by me, but systemd started it at boot despite
that. Perhaps I didn't express my wishes clearly enough, or I need to
burn a virgin or something to become worthy of its attention, dunno.

Applying my axe to its tentacles fixed the communication issue.

-Mike