Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Wed Apr 15 2015 - 13:34:15 EST

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 06:48:46PM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>
> > The in-kernel code isn't a lot (again, 13k lines, smaller than almost
> > all of the drivers you are using today on an individual basis) It's
>
> I originally didn't want to comment on this, but now that you are making
> this argument for 3rd or 4th time, I can't really resist. What exactly are
> you trying to "prove" by the 13k-lines argument?
>
> mm/vmscan.c is less that 4k lines. Does that sole fact mean that the whole
> memory reclaim is trivial to review?

I'm trying to say that it's not a ton of code. lines of code are of
course not a valid way to judge complexity, and I'm not trying to say
that. I am trying to point out that it isn't "huge" by comparing it to
other chunks of code that we all know and love.

We merge subsystems with new userspace apis that are large than this all
the time. I'm trying to say this isn't something "unusual" at all.

thanks,

greg k-h