Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Harald Hoyer
Date: Thu Apr 16 2015 - 08:43:23 EST

Am 16.04.2015 um 14:15 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> On Thu, Apr 16, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>
>> to a shutdown PID 1 process and finally a transition back to
>> the initial ramdisk so that we can unmount the root file system even.
>
> Is that wishful thinking or actually implemented somewhere?

This is done on any system, which uses dracut and systemd for a long time now.

As SUSE switched to dracut recently, it should be the same as on RHEL-7/Fedora
now.

If /run/initramfs/shutdown exists and is executable,
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown switches root to /run/initramfs/ and executes
shutdown.

The shutdown script umounts the old real root (after umounting
/oldroot/{proc,sys,run,dev}), then if the old real root was living on an
assembled device, like mdraid, the device is disassembled and waited for the
device to be clean.

See
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/boot/dracut/dracut.git/tree/modules.d/99shutdown/shutdown.sh
and for example for mdraid:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/boot/dracut/dracut.git/tree/modules.d/90mdraid/md-shutdown.sh

This solved quite a lot of problems for unsynced raids.