[V9 PATCH 0/3] Introduce ACPI support for ahci_platform driver
From: Suravee Suthikulpanit
Date: Tue Apr 28 2015 - 11:41:48 EST
This patch series introduce ACPI support for AHCI platform driver.
Existing ACPI support for AHCI assumes the device controller is a PCI device.
Since there is no ACPI _CID for generic AHCI controller, the driver
could not use it for matching devices. Therefore, this patch introduces
a mechanism for drivers to match devices using ACPI _CLS method.
_CLS contains PCI-defined class-code.
This patch series also modifies ACPI modalias to add class-code to the
exisiting format, which currently only uses _HID and _CIDs. This is required
to support loadable modules w/ _CLS.
This is rebased from and tested with linux-4.1-rc1
This topic was discussed earlier here (as part of introducing support for
AMD Seattle SATA controller):
Changes from V8 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/30/729)
* Rebased to 4.1-rc1
* [1/3] Misc changes for ACPICA:
- Re-organized certain parts from patch 2 since it should
have been part of the ACPICA.
- Modified logic for copying class code string (Lv)
- Add changes and signed-off-by Lv Zheng
* [2/3] Rebased due to added PRP001 matching code
Changes from V7 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/26/592)
* [1/3] Return AE_AML_OPERAND_TYPE when _CLS package containing
invalid type (per Robert Moore suggestion).
* [2/3] Fixed build error due missing ACPI_DEVICE_CLASS definition
when disabling ACPI.
Changes from V6 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/25/797)
* Adding Acked-by Mika, and Reviewed-by Hanjun
* Minor clen up to use lower case 0xffffff for cls_msk
(per Mika suggestions).
* Modify the ACPI_DEVICE_CLASS macro to use designated initializer
(per Mika suggestions).
Changes from V5 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/6/24)
* Rebased and tested with acpi-5.1-v11
* Splitting up the ACPICA changes into a separate patch [1/3].
(per Mika suggestion)
* Adding class-code mask support (per Mika suggestion)
* Use macro to define struct acpi_device_id entry (per Mika suggestion)
* Note: Mika also recommend reordering the member of struct acpi_device_id
and define a macro to be used for declaring each table entry. This is a
large amount of changes, and will be done separtely from this patch series.
Changes from V4 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/2/56)
* [1/2] Bug fixed: Reorder the declaration of
struct acpi_pnp_device_id cls in the struct acpi_device_info
(include/acpi/actypes.h) since compatible_id_list must be last one.
* [2/2] Added Acked-by: Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Changes from V3 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/2/8/106)
* Instead of introducing new structure acpi_device_cls, add cls into
the acpi_device_id, and modify the __acpi_match_device
to also match for cls. (per Mika suggestion.)
* Add loadable module support, which requires changes in ACPI
modalias. (per Mika suggestion.)
* Rebased and tested with acpi-5.1-v9
Changes from V2 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/1/5/662)
* Update with review comment from Rafael in patch 1/2
* Rebased and tested with acpi-5.1-v8
Changes from V1 (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/19/345)
* Rebased to 3.19.0-rc2
* Change from acpi_cls in device_driver to acpi_match_cls (Hanjun comment)
* Change the matching logic in acpi_driver_match_device() due to the new
special PRP0001 _HID.
* Simplify the return type of acpi_match_device_cls() to boolean.
Changes from RFC (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/17/446)
* Remove #ifdef and make non-ACPI version of the acpi_match_device_cls
as inline. (per Arnd)
* Simplify logic to retrieve and evaluate _CLS handle. (per Hanjun)
Suravee Suthikulpanit (3):
ACPICA: Utilities: Add _CLS processing
ACPI / scan: Add support for ACPI _CLS device matching
ata: ahci_platform: Add ACPI _CLS matching
drivers/acpi/acpica/acinterp.h | 2 +
drivers/acpi/acpica/acutils.h | 4 ++
drivers/acpi/acpica/exutils.c | 32 ++++++++++++++
drivers/acpi/acpica/nsxfname.c | 23 ++++++++--
drivers/acpi/acpica/utids.c | 91 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
drivers/acpi/scan.c | 32 +++++++++++++-
drivers/ata/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/ata/ahci_platform.c | 9 ++++
include/acpi/acnames.h | 1 +
include/acpi/actypes.h | 24 +++++++----
include/linux/acpi.h | 14 ++++++
include/linux/mod_devicetable.h | 2 +
scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.c | 2 +
scripts/mod/file2alias.c | 32 +++++++++++++-
14 files changed, 252 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/