Re: [RFD 5/5] tracing: Add trace_irqsoff tracepoints

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Fri May 01 2015 - 05:23:59 EST

On 05/01/2015 02:54 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:14:52 -0500
Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

'hist:key=latency.bucket:val=hitcount:sort=latency if cpu==0'

but I haven't got this working. I didn't spend much time figuring out
why this doesn't work. Even if the above is working you still

I think it doesn't work because the tracepoint doesn't actually have a
'cpu' field to use in the filter...

Perhaps we should add special fields that don't use the tracepoint
field, but can use generically know fields that are always known when
the tracepoint is triggered. COMM could be one, as well as CPU.

I'll give it a try if no one objects next week (public holiday today :))

cheers,
daniel