Re: Plumbers 2015 -- Performance and Scalability track

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Fri May 01 2015 - 09:07:58 EST

----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> I am hoping we can have a scaling track this year. The purpose of this
> email is to 1) confirm some of the key participants, 2) suggestions for
> other key participants and 3) more topics so that we can have a big
> enough pool to screen correctly for what's really worth discussing.
>
> I have setup the wiki page here with some initial tentative topics Paul
> and I came up with:
>
> http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2015:performance_and_scalability
>
> They are obviously specific to things that interest us. As such, if you
> would like to attend and/or have specific topics that would like
> discussed, please update the wiki.
>
> The goals for this track are several: 1) get to know general
> experimental work going on (kernel and userland). 2) learn about real
> bottlenecks/issues people are running into, and 3) present wip topics
> that improve performance and need some face to face discussion. As
> mentioned in the wiki, this track should only cover performance topics
> that are not specific to other tracks

Hi!

I'm interested to participate. My only constraint is that the tracing
summit is on August 20th, and overlaps with one day of LPC. Let's hope
we can find a way to have this track on a different day.

I'm planning to work some more on a efficient per-cpu spinlock & data
prototype for userspace. This could be an interesting topic for LPC.
I'm aware of Paul Turner's work in this area. Let's say I'm trying a
less intrusive approach.

Thanks!

Mathieu

--