[Query] PCIe power management with designware

From: Kishon Vijay Abraham I
Date: Mon May 04 2015 - 12:24:52 EST

Hi,

I'm planning to add power management (suspend/resume) support for DRA7xx and have a query.

The pci_pm_suspend_noirq callback being a bus pm_ops gets invoked late i.e after the suspend hooks of the pci devices (including the RC driver). The problem is after the 'suspend' of the RC driver, the clocks are disabled. Now pci_pm_suspend_noirq has a call to pci_save_state() which tries to access the
configuration space registers. Since the clocks are disabled by now, this results in an abort. Shouldn't we do save_state() earlier?

After working around the above problem, I face one more issue with broadcom BCM95721 A211 card. After resuming, I'm unable to access the memory space. I'm not sure if that is specific to that particular card, since I have no problems with USB cards.

Cheers
Kishon