Re: [ÍPATCHv4 01/12] usb: add bus type for USB ULPI

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Thu May 07 2015 - 16:46:13 EST

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 09:19:21AM +0300, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
> +config USB_ULPI_BUS
> + bool "USB ULPI PHY interface support"

Can't we make this a module?

> + depends on USB_SUPPORT
> + help
> + Say yes if you have ULPI PHY attached to your USB controller.

You need to put more information here as to what "ULPI" means, and how
would anyone know if they have this type of thing attached to their USB
controller.

You need to help users / distros out in letting them know if they should
enable this or not. As it is, I have no idea if I should even enable
this on my systems...

thanks,

greg k-h