Help with writing to micro SD card

From: Larry Finger
Date: Thu May 14 2015 - 16:03:13 EST

I am helping to get wifi and Bluetooth woring under Linux using a Winbook TW100 tablet. The main goal is working quite well; however, I am only able to run using Live media. Whenever I try to load Linux onto either the internal SD card, or one mounted in the external slot, the process stalls with nothing logged.

I know the external card is OK as I can read or write it when it is mounted in my laptop.

When I received the tablet, I used dd to back up the internal card. When I used a block size of 4M in that operation, it also froze; however, the standard block size (512) worked. That suggests that the standard Linux r/w operations on the device are too fast.

What should I do to get some debug information? If my idea is correct, how might I slow down the I/O to the device?

Thanks,

Larry