Regression: turbostat stops working after suspend/resume cycle

From: Gabriele Mazzotta
Date: Sun May 17 2015 - 11:49:18 EST

Hi,

I've recently noticed that if I suspend and resume my laptop, I can no
longer execute turbostat. This is what I get when I try to start it:
# turbostat
Could not migrate to CPU 1
turbostat: re-initialized with num_cpus 4
Could not migrate to CPU 1

Since everything works as expected with v4.0, I ran a bisection and
found that commit 3c18d447b3b36a8d ("sched/core: Check for available
DL bandwidth in cpuset_cpu_inactive()") is the cause of the regression.

I don't know if there's something else affected by that change, but
I can consistently reproduce the bug with turbostat.

I can provide more info if needed.

Regards,
Gabriele