[ANNOUNCE] 4.0.4-rt1

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Tue May 19 2015 - 17:39:33 EST

Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v4.0.4-rt1 patch set.

Changes since v3.18.13-rt10

- Rebase to v4.0.

- David Hildenbrand's series of decouple of preempt_disable from
pagefault_disable is part of the series.

While doing the v4.0 I stumbled upon a few things. Therefore I plan to
reorder the -RT queue and merge patches where possible. Also I intend to
drop PREEMPT_RTB and PREEMPT_RT_BASE unless there is need for itâ

Known issues:

- My AMD box throws a lot of "cpufreq_stat_notifier_trans: No
policy found" warnings after boot. It is gone after manually
setting the policy (to something else than reported).

- bcache is disabled.

- CPU hotplug works in general. Steven's test script however
deadlocks usually on the second invocation.

- xor / raid_pq
I had max latency jumping up to 67563us on one CPU while the next
lower max was 58us. I tracked it down to module's init code of
xor and raid_pq. Both disable preemption while measuring the
performance of the individual implementation.

The RT patch against 4.0.4 can be found here:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.0/patch-4.0.4-rt1.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.0/patches-4.0.4-rt1.tar.xz

Sebastian