RE: [char-misc-next 11/11] mei: revamp mei bus code

From: Winkler, Tomas
Date: Mon May 25 2015 - 00:41:23 EST

> > > This is a lot to do in just one patch. Any chance you can split it up
> > > into reviewable pieces?
> >
> > I thought it would be harder to swallow but I'm not sure how to really
> > split this into working pieces w/o do some artificial steps which
> > I will have to validate again to keep the code bisectable.
>
> That's fine, that's your job to do :)

I'd would prefer to do something that wasn't' already done.

> > What could be naturally factored out is already in separate patches in this
> series.
> > The patch is maybe bigger because of code moves between files but what has
> really changes is just bus.c
>
> Then do the movement of functions around in one patch, and then the
> logical changes in others. Come on, you know how this whole thing
> works, don't be lazy here...

Yep, I know how it works, but here it just didn't fit as the logical changes moved also the code.
Okay, I will split the code but allow me one comment, I think that you were lazy too go into details and you didn't send us to hell when we first submitted that bus code.
Tomas