Re: task kworker / kloopd blocked for more than 120 seconds

From: Ming Lei
Date: Thu May 28 2015 - 08:21:07 EST

Hello Christian,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Christian Hesse <list@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am experiencing issues on a live system based on Arch Linux [0][1] with
> Linux kernel 4.0.x when booted in RAM mode (parameter 'copytoram') [2].
> Probably the problem exists some time longer, I am not sure when this first
> happened and what versions are effected.
>
> The boot sequence looks like this:
>
> -> boot kernel
> -> start initramfs
> -> get the squashfs image file (there is no difference with loop mount,
> nbd or http)
> -> root filesystem is set up with loop devices and device mapper
> -> boot continues
>
> The root filesystem is accessed as follows:
>
> -> ext4 filesystem
> -> device mapper snapshot target
> -> /dev/loop1: r/o ext4 image
> -> mounted squashfs
> -> /dev/loop0: squashfs image
> -> /dev/loop2: r/w COW image (sparse file)
>

> Assembling the root filesystem stack always succeeds, but sometimes boot hangs
> with a lot of:

Could you try the following two patches to see if they can fix your issue?

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/axboe/linux-block.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=f4aa4c7bbac6c4afdd4adccf90898c1a3685396d

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/axboe/linux-block.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=4d4e41aef9429872ea3b105e83426941f7185ab6

Thanks,
Ming