Re: A question about state machine function state_next()

From: Baoquan He
Date: Mon Jun 01 2015 - 07:18:14 EST

On 06/01/15 at 11:21am, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Hi Baoquan,
>
> On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 05:09:02PM +0800, Baoquan He wrote:
> > Then I am wondering how amd_iommu_dma_ops is assigned. Maybe I need
> > check all functions more clearly.
>
> The AMD IOMMU driver only uses per-device dma_ops. They are assigned to
> each device in device_dma_ops_init() at boot and in the
> device_change_notifier() on hotplug events.

Checked the code again, it may be a code bug if this is done in
device_dma_ops_init(). Since this is called in
amd_iommu_init_dma_ops()<-amd_iommu_init_dma(). And amd_iommu_init_dma()
is only called in case IOMMU_INTERRUPTS_EN code block. According to the
code flow if I understand correctly, it can't be here at boot stage.
state_next() will change the state according to the calling times. And
in amd iommu only four times to call iommu_go_to_state, it can't go to
IOMMU_PCI_INIT and the after cases.

I am not sure if my understanding is correct, or I missed something.

Thanks
Baoquan