Re: clustered MD

From: David Lang
Date: Tue Jun 09 2015 - 16:33:23 EST

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, David Teigland wrote:

We do have a valid real world utility. It is to provide
high-availability of RAID1 storage over the cluster. The
distributed locking is required only during cases of error and
superblock updates and is not required during normal operations,
which makes it fast enough for usual case scenarios.

That's the theory, how much evidence do you have of that in practice?

What are the doubts you have about it?

Before I begin reviewing the implementation, I'd like to better understand
what it is about the existing raid1 that doesn't work correctly for what
you'd like to do with it, i.e. I don't know what the problem is.

As I understand things, the problem is ~providing RAID across multiple machines, not just across the disks in one machine.

David Lang