Re: [42/73] rtc: delete non-required instances of include <linux/init.h>

From: Paul Gortmaker
Date: Tue Jun 09 2015 - 21:50:21 EST

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Alexandre Belloni
<alexandre.belloni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 at 17:06:34 -0400, Paul Gortmaker wrote :
>> > I've contemplated applying that patch but I'm not sure it is actually a
>> > good idea because those 46 drivers are using a variant of module_driver
>> > which actually uses __init and __exit. After your patch it is still
>> > working simply because init.h gets included that way:
>>
>> Firstly, I am kind of curious why an 18 month old patch is getting
>> replied to now. That aside, this interdependence between module.h and
>> init.h was reconsidered and you can see the resolution solution here:
>>
>> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/1433276168-21550-1-git-send-email-paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> To summarize what is said there, yes - you can ignore the one line
>> removals for now. We will revisit them after the above is merged.
>>

> I've taken the RTC subsystem maintainership and I've been sorting the
> 2372 patches left in patchwork down to 126 and yours was one of these.
>
> Seeing your answer, I think my question was legitimate. I'll be happy to
> take your revised patch once ready.

Yes, it was a legit (and correct) spotting ; just some months late. :)

I'll be sure to make sure you are CC'd on any updates. And thanks
for taking over maintainership of the rtc subsystem. I'll go out on
a limb here and guess that the original rtc driver author ; that idiot
never imagined it would become a subsystem, else he'd thank you
as well.

Paul.