Re: Fw: Problems with bdev_write_page().

From: Charles Bertsch
Date: Mon Jun 15 2015 - 10:19:33 EST

On 06/12/2015 07:48 AM, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

Can you propose a fix for Charles, who can trigger this bug and nicely
bisected it for us - thanks Charles!!!

(this patch probably doesn't apply to the current tree; it's done against
a bit of a mishmash tree in my current working directory. it's not for
applynig, but for commentary).

Matthhew,

I tested again with v4.1-rc7, bug still present.

I was able to apply the patch (at offsets -10, -1, -8 for fs/block_dev.c, fs/mpage.c, and mm/page_io.c). That test has been running without error for 14 hours. The bug would occur with this setup within 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Charles Bertsch