subtle side effect of commit a1c48bb160f836

From: Vineet Gupta
Date: Thu Jun 18 2015 - 02:55:53 EST

Hi Geert,

commit a1c48bb160f8368 "Makefile: Fix unrecognized cross-compiler command line
options" moved ARCH specific cc option handling before common -Os/O2 setup.

For ARC this had a subtle effect that we can no longer over-ride generic -O2 with
-O3, hence a performance regression observed going from 3.13 to 3.18 (the above
commit went into 3.16)

I want to understand how to properly fix this. Moving the include of arch makefile
will bring back the old issue. I can introduce another option to set default optim
level, but only arc/m32r care about it anyways.

Thx,
-Vineet