Re: [REGRESSION] NFS is creating a hidden port (left over from xs_bind() )

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 20:37:59 EST

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:25:59 -0400
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 18:14 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:30:18 -0400
> > Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Steven, how about something like the following patch?
> > >

> > OK, the box I'm running this on is using v4.0.5, can you make a patch
> > based on that, as whatever you make needs to go to stable as well.
>
> Is it causing any other damage than the rkhunter warning you reported?

Well, not that I know of. Are you sure that this port will be
reconnected, and is not just a leak. Not sure if you could waste more
ports this way with connections to other machines. I only have my
wife's box connect to this server. This server is actually a client to
my other boxes.

Although the rkhunter warning is the only thing that triggers, I still
would think this is a stable fix, especially if the port is leaked and
not taken again.

> Sorry. I sent that one off too quickly. Try the following.

This built, will be testing it shortly.

-- Steve