Re: kdbus: to merge or not to merge?

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Jun 23 2015 - 02:41:56 EST

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:06:09PM -0700, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> Can you opine as to whether you think that kdbus should be merged?

Ah, a preemptive pull request denial, how nice.

I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before, congratulations for
creating something so must have previously been lacking in our
development model in how to work together in a community in a productive
manner.

Not.

> don't mean whether you'd accept a pull request that Greg may or may
> not send during this merge window -- I mean whether you think that
> kdbus should be merged if it had appropriate review and people were
> okay with the implementation.

How about you just wait for the real merge request to be submitted, and
we can go from there. Perhaps I wasn't going to do it this release?
Perhaps I was? Who knows? Who cares.

> The current state of uncertainty is problematic, I think. The kdbus
> team is spending a lot of time making things compatible with kdbus,
> and the latest systemd release makes kdbus userspace support
> mandatory.

I stopped here in this email, as this is just flat out totally wrong,
and I don't want to waste my time trying to refute other totally wrong
statements as that would just somehow give them some validation that
they could possibly be correct.

greg k-h