Re: Crypto Update for 4.2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jun 23 2015 - 22:11:46 EST

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 1:44 AM, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here is the crypto update for 4.2:

Hmm. I noticed a new annoyance:

I get this at bootup:

[ +0.001504] alg: No test for __gcm-aes-aesni (__driver-gcm-aes-aesni)
[ +0.002233] alg: aead: setkey failed on test 1 for
rfc4106-gcm-aesni: flags=0

in general, I'm not at all convinced that the crypto tests make sense.
I absolutely destest that horrid "testmgr.h" file that is 32
_thousand_ lines of noise. And now it's apparently complaining about a
missing test, so that nasty mess will presumably grow.

Could you not make the test infrastructure be something that gets run
in user space?

Linus