Re: [GIT PULL] EDAC updates for 4.2

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Jun 24 2015 - 04:54:47 EST

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 10:50:38AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> One of the solution I use for cross tree dependencies is:
>
> - Apply the commits which create a dependency to a seperate branch
>
> - Let the depending tree pull that branch
>
> - Merge the branch into the proper tip/ branch

Yeah, in hindsight, we probably should've simply routed all the changes
to amd_mce_inj (the error injection module which depends on the tip
changes) straight through tip/x86/ras and wouldn't have any issues. Oh
well, I'll know that now for the future.

So I'll wait out to hear what Linus prefers and do that.

Thanks guys.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.