Re: Crypto Fixes for 4.2

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Mon Jun 29 2015 - 03:33:12 EST

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 09:40:24AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Herbert Xu
> <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So I think Tadeusz's patch is the simplest fix for 4.2. Could you
> > please test it to see if it makes your warning go away?
>
> Seems to silence it here.

OK I'll apply this patch for 4.2.

> I get the feeling that the patch is still wrong - why are not the
> *tests* run at late time when everything is properly set up, rather
> than forcing ordering at the code init level - but at least I don't
> see the annoying error, so it's certainly better than it was before.

That's what I was exploring but I think it'll take a while so
it's best to postpone it to 4.3 or later. The two alternatives
I was toying with are 1) delay the testing until the first time
the given algorithm is used; 2) perform testing for all built-in
algorithms at late_initcall.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>