HOWTO do Linux kernel development

From: salix
Date: Sun Jul 05 2015 - 09:55:33 EST

hi,

I'm beginner in Device Driver Developing and I trying to write a WAN card driver for a FPGA
based card. I reading pc300too.c and wanxl.c codes in linux/drivers/net/wan/ directory to write my driver
also I using kscope-1.6.2, It's great software for reading codes.

I know there are some static and dynamic tools for testing drivers and kernel modules
such as KEDR, LDV, S2E, symDrive, cpaChecker, ...

which one is better for me to test wanxl.c and pc300too.c for reverse engineering and finally test my driver?
which tools you use? and how test your codes?

thanks
Best Regards