Re: lock-up with module: Optimize __module_address() using a latched RB-tree

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Mon Jul 06 2015 - 04:48:37 EST

Peter Zijlstra wrote on 06/07/15 17:42:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 09:19:11AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 04:03:45AM +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:
I am happy to supply further details and run further tests.

A .config and gcc version might be a good start. I'll see if 32bit
userspace in KVM can reproduce.

If you can, can you also provide your bzImage and initrd, that would get
me closer to your setup. Feel free to provide those offlist if that's
better for you.

For the kernel that goes *Boom* obviously ;-)

I hope that these files are what are useful to you:

http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/config-4.1.0+
http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/initrd.img-4.1.0+
http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/vmlinuz-4.1.0+

This kernel does go boom, after it locks up I have to do a major power down, pull out the graphics card, reboot, shutdown, replace graphics card to get things working again properly.

Arthur.