Re: lock-up with module: Optimize __module_address() using a latched RB-tree

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Jul 07 2015 - 03:30:29 EST

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 02:59:06PM +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> I had a single, non-reproducible case of the same lock-up happening on my
> other machine running the Linus git head kernel in 64-bit mode.

Hmm, disturbing.. I've had my machines run this stuff for weeks and not
had anything like this :/

Do you have a serial cable between those machines? serial console output
will allow capturing more complete traces than these pictures can and
might also aid in capturing some extra debug info.

In any case, I'll go try and build some debug code.