Re: [BUG] Kernel splat when taking CPUs offline

From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Thu Jul 09 2015 - 00:57:28 EST

On 09-07-15, 00:25, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:34:45 +0530
> Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I think it might be related to what I chased down yesterday:
> >
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=143633485824975&w=2
> >
> > @Steven: Can you please give this a try ?
> >

> Yes that seems to fix my issue as well.
>
> Tested-by: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Awesome, so the problem was that cpufreq_set_policy() was failing
because of the latest bug I planted :), and that caused ->exit() but
didn't free the policy completely. (I have fixed that as well in a
separate patch).

And so you are hitting a policy which has already exited. Sorry about
that :)

--
viresh