RE: megaraid_sas: "FW in FAULT state!!", how to get more debug output? [BKO63661]

From: Kashyap Desai
Date: Fri Jul 10 2015 - 10:17:04 EST

> I am about to commit the patch that was successfully tested by the
> customer on
> SLES 12, but I'm a bit confused. The upstream patch you referred to is:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git/commit/?h=for-
> next&id=6431f5d7c6025f8b007af06ea090de308f7e6881
> [SCSI] megaraid_sas: megaraid_sas driver init fails in kdump kernel
>
> But the patch I used is the one you sent by e-mail on May 28th. It is
> completely
> different!
>
> So what am I supposed to do? Use the patch you sent (and that was tested
> by
> the customer) for SLES 11 SP3 and SLES 12? Or was it just for testing and
> the
> proper way of fixing the problem would be to backport the upstream commit?

You can use that patch as valid candidate for upstream submission. Some of
the MR maintainer (Sumit Saxena) will send that patch. We are just
organizing other patch series.
Since SLES already ported patch without commit id, we are fine. I am just
giving reference that patch which send via email will be send to upstream
very soon along with other patch set.

Thanks, Kashyap