Re: Linux 4.2-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jul 10 2015 - 13:11:36 EST

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Shuah Khan <shuahkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not sure why this patch would cause the problem I am seeing.
> This patch itself looks like a cleanup type patch and doesn't
> really fix a bug. I am building with this patch reverted at the
> moment to confirm.

Smells to me like it's just a timing issue, and that mayeb the bisect
failed because it's not 100% repeatable. Or maybe it *was* 100%
repeatable, but simply because that commit changed the timing of the
bootup scripts etc.

But yes, trying it with the revert in place is a good idea just to
make sure. And perhaps checking that kernel more than a few times to
verify just how repeatable it is.

Linus