re: net: fec: Ensure clocks are enabled while using mdio bus

From: Tyler Baker
Date: Fri Jul 10 2015 - 15:07:41 EST

Hi Andrew,

The kernelci.org system reported[1][2][3] new imx6 boot failures in
next-20150710. I've bisected[4] these failures to 6c3e921b18ed "net:
fec: Ensure clocks are enabled while using mdio bus". Reverting this
commit on top of next-20150710, resolves the boot failures. I have not
investigated any further, but did add the imx maintainer to the CC
list. Apologies in advanced for not replying to the original thread,
as I was not subscribed to the netdev list until now.

Any chance you can confirm this regression on your end?

Cheers,

Tyler

[1] http://kernelci.org/boot/all/job/next/kernel/next-20150710/
[2] http://storage.kernelci.org/next/next-20150710/arm-multi_v7_defconfig/lab-collabora/boot-imx6q-sabrelite.html